Graduate Business Office
SDSU’s Fowler College of Business and Center for Latin American Studies offer a three-year full-time concurrent program of study leading to a Master of Business Administration and a Master of Arts in Latin American Studies (MBA/MA LAS). The objective of the concurrent program is to offer preparation in the fields of business administration and Latin American studies for the purpose of providing the knowledge and skills necessary to promote and engage in business relationships with the Latin American community in Latin America or in the United States.
Who hires our MBA graduates?
Latin American Studies Curriculum
- BA 623: Statistical Analysis
- BA 624: Organizational Behavior and Leadership
- BA 625: Financial and Management Accounting
- BA 626: Business Economics
- BA 627: Marketing
- BA 628: Operations and Supply Chain Management
- BA 629: Financial Management
Upon completion of the core courses, all MBA students are required to take a business strategy course, BA 630.
- FIN 654: Seminar in International Business Finance
- MGT 710: Seminar in World Business Environment
- MGT 723: Seminar in International Strategic Management
- MGT 745: Seminar in Corporate Innovation and Entrepreneurship.
- MKTG 769: Seminar in International Marketing
- LATAM 600: Introduction to Latin American Studies
- LATAM 601: Seminar on Methodology of Latin American Studies
6 pre-approved graduate courses from the following departments (18 units):
- Latin American Studies
- Journalism & Media Studies
- Political Science
- MGT 797: Research
- BA 799A: Thesis
The thesis in business administration will treat a Latin American topic and will be supervised by a business faculty member with international business expertise, and at least one faculty member from the Latin American Studies program.
Join the Fowler Family