Center for Student Success
We exist to support students through their academic journey.
We provide services which empower students to take ownership of their educational and professional success. We do this by providing comprehensive advising and academic support; promoting engagement opportunities; and helping students to navigate and utilize campus resources.
Scheduling an Advising Appointment
Academic advisors in the Fowler College of Business are available virtually to answer your questions. To schedule a virtual appointment, email your advisor directly. Please refer to the list below for contact information.
*Extended evening hours, 5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m., will be available November 9th, 10th and 12th.
- Click on this Zoom link
- Once signed in, you will enter the Virtual Waiting Room
- Test your audio to ensure you have connection to audio and video so that you can speak and hear the advisor
- Advisors will meet with students in the order in which they enter the Virtual Waiting
Room. You will meet individually with an advisor
- How can I make the most of my time at SDSU outside of my classes?
- What can I do with this major after graduation? Can I find a job right away?
- How do I know this is the right major for me or the right fit for my career?
- Should I add any other majors and/or minors - would doing so make me more attractive to employers?
- What are some extracurricular activities (high impact-practices) do you recommend that I do while in college? Do I need to be involved in many of these activities?
- How can I pursue my own interests through my major electives?
- What opportunities can I take advantage of while at SDSU?
- What should I do to prepare for an advanced degree?
- What academic goals should I set for myself?
- How can I reach my academic advisor?