Cybersecurity vulnerabilities represent a significant risk to business and society at large. This creates a need for business professionals who understand business and cybersecurity.
The purpose of the Master of Science in Cybersecurity Management (MSCM) degree is to equip business professionals with the current knowledge and technical skills needed to develop organizational cybersecurity plans and risk management strategies, as well as managing the execution of those strategies. Additionally, the program targets cybersecurity technology professionals interested in advancing their careers into management.
MSCM students will prepare for career paths leading to positions such as cybersecurity manager, Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Cyber Security Analyst, Chief Information Security Officer (CISO), and positions related to the Control Objectives for Information Technology (COBIT) framework. This degree will also be useful to managers needing to expand their understanding of cybersecurity so they can lead initiatives addressing issues such as the California Privacy Act of 2018 (effective in 2020), the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), Risk Management, and Sarbanes Oxley.
The MSCM is the first graduate degree program of its type to be offered by a business school in the California State University (CSU) system and the second graduate program with a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) designation to be offered by the Fowler College of Business.
Who hires our Graduate Students?
Advanced Certificate in Cybersecurity Management
BA 640 Financial Reporting and Analysis (2)
BA 642 Statistical Analysis (2)
MIS 515 Object Oriented Programming for Business Applications (Python) (3)
- ACCTG 621 Accounting Information Systems (3)
- ACCTG 673 Accounting Information Systems (AIS) Development (3)
- ACCTG 675 Seminar in Accounting Information Systems Audit and Control (3)
- MIS 585 Fundamentals of Cybersecurity Management (3)
- MIS 720 Electronic Business and Big Data Infrastructures (3)
- MIS 687 Secure Enterprise Networking & Mobile Technologies (3)
- MIS 755 Information Systems Security and Risk Management (3)
- ACCTG 505 Fraud Examination (3)
- ACCTG 729 Current Issues in Accounting Practices (3) [Forensic Accounting]
- HSEC 690 [Fall] Cyber Warfare & Cyber Terrorism
- HSEC 690 [Spring] Critical Infrastructure Protection and Cyber Crime
- MIS 686 Enterprise Data Management (3)
- MIS 691 Decision Support Systems (3)
- MIS 695 Business Systems Analysis and Design (3)
- MIS 649 Business Analytics (3)
MIS 790 Directed Readings in Management Information Systems (3)
BA 799A Thesis (3) Cr/NC/RP
MIS 585 Fundamentals of Cybersecurity Management
MIS 687 Secure Enterprise Networking and Mobile Technologies
MIS 695 Business Systems Analysis and Design
MIS 755 Information Systems Security and Risk Management
Take the Next Step
Ready to jumpstart your career? Apply now! Or, if you have any questions about the
program, contact us via the Request Info button.
*Given the time required to secure a visa, we strongly encourage international students to apply early