Fowler MBA Consulting Program
A team of MBA students will spend a semester talking your business challenge.
Common projects include preparing business or marketing plans, process improvement, feasibility studies, marketing research, competitive analysis, financial modeling, acquisition and retention strategies, and risk analysis. We tailor our projects to meet your business objectives.
Your company will be matched with a team of top-quality MBA business students in the final semester of their MBA Program, who bring a wealth of industry experience along with diverse skills to the project.
- Quality of professional consultants at a fraction of the cost.
- Opportunity to work with a team of 3-5 second-year MBA candidates with an average of 4 or more years of work experience who have completed the rigorous SDSU graduate core curriculum.
- Approximately 500 hours of strategic work over a semester
- Receive a comprehensive written report along with a boardroom style final presentation.
- Extensive primary and secondary market research and analysis, if required.
Company Selection Criteria
Interested businesses and organizations should propose a project by submitting a Project Proposal. Projects are reviewed to determine the appropriateness of the type and level of work for a student team. The company will be contacted to gain a better understanding of the project's definition and scope.
The program director will arrange a meeting at the company site to review the project and the program. Students indicate preferences for projects and are matched based on qualifications and interest. Faculty members are matched to the projects based upon their experience and interest.
$6,000 per project
Additional fees may be incurred for incidental project-related expenses
We encourage companies to provide full access to relevant strategic, customer, and/or financial data to the students. Confidentiality of corporate partners' nonpublic information is important to all participants. All teams are prepared to sign an agreement restricting disclosure of confidential information, if required by the company.
Our teams have helped organizations explore new business opportunities, launch new products, explore new markets for existing products, develop pricing strategies, improve managerial effectiveness, improve manufacturing process efficiencies, create effective marketing campaigns, and much more. If you have an idea for a challenging project, we encourage you to submit a Project Proposal.
Some of our Recent Project Sponsors:
- Cubic Transportation Systems
- Becton, Dickinson & Company
- General Atomics
- Wells Fargo
- Scripps Health
- Balfour Beatty
- Evans Hotels
- San Diego Gas & Electric (SDG&E)
- Triad Components Group / Optifuse
- Once Upon A Farm
- San Diego Union Tribune
- Red Door Interactive
- Zip Car
- San Diego Armed Services YMCA
- La Jolla Village Merchants Association
Recent Sponsors of the Year:
- 2015 Scripps Health
- 2016 Herbalife
- 2017 Cubic Transportation Systems
- 2018 Cubic Transportation Systems