Executive Financial Planner Certificate Admissions
SDSU Executive Financial Planner Advanced Certificate
Participants who successfully complete the program with a B (3.0) weighted average in the six courses will be awarded an Executive Financial Planner Advanced Certificate. As this is a CFP Board-Registered Program, the certificate qualifies you to sit for the CFP Board's comprehensive exam. Students who do not earn a 3.0 average must repeat necessary classes as a paid student until their average meets that requirement.
- A Bachelor's Degree from Regionally-Accredited University in the US or international equivalent.
- Completed Preliminary Departmental Application (pdf) AND CSU Mentor application. (Instructions for the CSU mentor application is sent to students whose Preliminary Departmental Application are approved).
- Grade point average of at least 2.85 in an acceptable earned baccalaureate degree, or at least 2.85 in the last 60 units attempted (this may be waived in unusual circumstances)
- Experience in one of the following:
- Employed in Financial Services field with 18 months of client contact experience or 36 months without client contact completed at time program begins.
- CFA, CPA, CFA or Licensed Attorney with experience.
- Worked in corporate finance or accounting with significant relevant experience.
- A degree in a business field with three years relevant experience.
- Five years experience in the US military (O4 and above).
- Applications are considered on a case-by-case basis. The above requirements are guidelines.