Student Success & Retention
Welcome to the Student Success & Retention webpage for the SDSU Undergraduate Business Advising Center. This link was developed with the student's success in mind. We hope the information contained here makes your journey to graduation easier to navigate.
Transfer Student Readiness Inventory* (Transfer Students Only)
Do you have a lifeline?
SDSU Academic Probation
Keys to Success
Time Management – Study Schedule & Planner
Research shows you need to study 2-3 hours per week for each unit enrolled.
- Time Management
- Time Management 2
- The ABC "to Do"
- Time Management – Self Assessment
- Where Do The Hours Go?
- 21 Ways to Get the Most
- How to Plan Your Time
- Sample Weekly Study Schedule
- Some Good Study Habits
- Ten Commandments for Effective Study Skills
Setting & Keeping Goals
Short and Long Term Goals:
- Academic and Personal Goals
- Set Goals for Success in College
- Long & Short Term Goals
- The COPE Method
Transfer Students Advice
- 2008 Transfer Students Advice
- 2009 Transfer Students Advice
- 2010 Transfer Students Advice
- 2011 Transfer Students Advice
- 2012 Transfer Students Advice
- 2013 Transfer Students Advice
- 2014 Transfer Students Advice
What Transfer Students Would Change
How can we help? – Visit Us
If you need assistance developing your study schedule or have questions related to the information on this page, feel free to stop by the Business Advising Center. Walk-in advising is available M-F or you can make an appointment.
*The TSRI was adapted from:
North Carolina State University - Transfer Student Survey
UC Berkeley - Debbie Project Transfer Survey
SDSU/College of Business Back on Track Program
Becoming a Master Student by Dave Ellis
The Confident Student by Carol C. Kanar
Impact of Peer Mentors at Transfer Orientation
What features of the Fowler orientation session did you like or value the most?