Claudiu Dimofte, Ph.D.
Claudiu Dimofte (Ph.D., University of Washington 2004) researches topics that include implicit consumer cognition (e.g., unconscious processing of brand information), marketing metrics (e.g., scale development and validation), international marketing (e.g., cross-cultural consumer response to global brands), and the interface of marketing with operations and finance (e.g., consumer response to modular products and brand equity effects on stock performance). His research has been published in leading journals including the Journal of Consumer Psychology, the Journal of Consumer Research, Management Science, and the International Journal of Research in Marketing. He serves on the Editorial Board of the Journal of Consumer Psychology and teaches the core marketing course in SDSU’s MBA and EMBA programs.
- 2010 Best International Marketing Paper, Academy of International Business Conference, Rio de Janeiro
- Ph.D., University of Washington, Marketing.
- MBA, University of South Carolina, International Business.
- Marketing Management, Consumer Behavior
- Dimofte, C., Zeugner-Roth, K., Bartsch, F. (in press). The Role of Consumer Nationality and Product Country-of-Origin for Brand Choice in Countries of Low Product Ethnicity.
- Dimofte, C., Leas, E. C., Pierce, J. P., Trinidad, D., Strong, D. R. (2018). Standardized Cigarette Packaging May Decrease the Implied Safety of Natural American Spirit Cigarettes. Tobacco Control.
- Dimofte, C., Latifi Kasani, N. (2017). The Dissimilarity Magnifying Bias (vol. 44). Association for Consumer Research.
- Dimofte, C., Goodstein, R., Brumbaugh, A. (2014). A Social Identity Perspective on Aspirational Advertising: Implicit Threats to Collective Self-Esteem and Strategies to Overcome Them. Journal of Consumer Psychology.
- Dimofte, C., Johansson, J., Mazvancheryl, S. (2012). The Performance of Global Brands during the 2008 Financial Crisis. International Journal of Research in Marketing, Vol. 29 (4), 235-245.
- Dimofte, C., Ulku, S. (2012). Consumer Response to Modularly Upgradeable Products. Management Science, Vol. 58 (9), 1761-1776.
- Dimofte, C., Yalch, R. (2011). The Role of Frequency of Experience and Temporal Orientation in Self-Referent Advertising. Journal of Consumer Psychology, Vol. 20 (3), 343-354.
- Dimofte, C., Yalch, R. (2011). The Mere Association Effect and Brand Evaluations. Journal of Consumer Psychology, Vol. 21 (1), 24-37.
- Dimofte, C., Johansson, J. (2009). Scale-Dependent Automatic Shifts in Brand Evaluation Standards. Journal of Consumer Psychology, Vol. 19 (2), 158-170.
- Dimofte, C., Yalch, R. (2007). Consumer Response to Polysemous Brand Slogans. Journal of Consumer Research, Vol. 33 (4), 515-522.
- Dimofte, C., Yalch, R. (2007). The SMAART Scale: A Measure of Individuals’ Automatic Access to Secondary Meanings in Polysemous Statements. Journal of Consumer Psychology, Vol. 17 (1), 49-58.
[The information on this page is provided by the user and is not to be construed as an official statement by San Diego State University. The user takes full responsibility for the information presented.]