Steven Andres, M.S., Ph.D.
Steven Andrés is the founder of Special Ops Security and serves as its Managing Principal. He is a Certified Ethical Hacker and earned the well-respected distinction of Certified Information Systems Security Professional. As a three-time commercially successful published author and occasional freelance writer, his works on security best practices have reached millions of print and online subscribers. With extensive experience managing high-availability networks in the Entertainment, Health Care, Financial, and Higher Education industries, he is frequently invited to speak on secure architecture best practices and information security current events.Read More…
Previously, Dr. Andrés invented the award-winning Foundstone FS1000 Appliance, a security platform for rapid-deployment of vulnerability management solutions at dozens of Fortune 100 clients, designed vulnerability assessment systems for the largest global ISP, led the team integrating realtime digital risk telemetry to enterprise systems at the world's largest software publisher, and credited as inventor on U.S. Patent 8,201,257, an innovative network security risk management method.
- Ph.D., Claremont Graduate University, Information Systems & Technology.
- M.S., San Diego State University, Homeland Security.
- B.A., University of California at Los Angeles, Business Economics.
(Minor in Accounting; Specialization in Computer Science)
- U.S. Patent US8201257B1
- Disposable Social Media Profiles
- Fourth & Fifth Generation Warfare
- Security Sage's Guide: Hardening Network Infrastructure
- Hacking Exposed: Fourth Edition
- SPECIAL OPS: Host and Network Security
[The information on this page is provided by the user and is not to be construed as an official statement by San Diego State University. The user takes full responsibility for the information presented.]