Nikhil (Nik) Varaiya, Ph.D.
Nikhil Varaiya is the Director of Graduate Programs and Professor in the Finance Department at San Diego State University and joined SDSU in 1988. He teaches courses in competitive analysis, strategic financial management, and financing emerging enterprises. He is a recipient of a 2005-06 Alumni Association Award for Outstanding Faculty Contributions to the University, Outstanding Faculty Awards from the Finance Department and Executive MBA Program at SDSU. His research has appeared in Journal of Finance, Management Science, Strategic Management Journal, Financial Analysts Journal, Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice among others.Read More…
Dr. Varaiya has been a recipient of outstanding paper awards from the Financial Management Association, and the Journal of Retailing. His current research interests span M&A, corporate governance in Indian firms, and executive compensation in credit unions. He has served as President of the San Diego Chapter of Financial Executives International and currently serves on its board as VP – Professional Development. He has served as Chairman, Board of Directors of USE Credit Union, and President of TIE - San Diego, an international organization facilitating entrepreneurship. He serves on the Board of Trustees of the Financial Executives Research Foundation. He has a B.S. in Mathematics and M.A. in Economics, Bombay University; a M.B.A. and Ph.D. (Finance), University of Washington, Seattle.
- Ph.D., University of Washington, Finance.
- Varaiya, N. P. (2017). Michel Kripalani and Oceanhouse Media: Journey of a Serial Entrepreneur. Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, 41(4), 641 - 659.
- Varaiya, N. (2008). IPO Pricing, Block Sales, and Long-Term Performance. Financial Review.
- Varaiya, N. (2008). Disclosure on Corporate Share Buyback Trading and Insiders. Review of Accounting and Finance, Vol. 7 (1).
- Kim, J., Varaiya, N. (2008). Insiders’ Timing Ability and Disclosure on Corporate Share Buyback Trading. Review of Accounting and Finance, Vol. 7, 69-82.
- Varaiya, N., Walker, T. (2007). Bookbuilding versus Auction Selling Methods: A study of U.S. IPOs. Venture Capital: An International Journal of Entrepreneurial Finance.
[The information on this page is provided by the user and is not to be construed as an official statement by San Diego State University. The user takes full responsibility for the information presented.]