Gary Grudnitski, Ph.D.
- Charles W. Lamden School of Accountancy
- Student Services East
Room 3204 (SSE-3204)
Mail Code: 8221
- Fax: 619-594-3675
Gary Grudnitski is a Professor of Accounting in the Charles W. Lamden School of Accountancy at SDSU. He teaches both undergraduate and graduate managerial accounting and graduate business consulting. Prior to joining the faculty at SDSU, Professor Grudnitski taught at the University of Texas at Austin, and worked for Bell Canada, the Government of Saskatchewan, and Ernst & Young.Read More…
Professor Grudnitski has published more than forty articles and papers including articles in The Accounting Review, Journal of Accountancy, Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Advances in Accounting Education, Journal of Accounting Education, International Journal of Intelligent Systems in Accounting, Finance & Management, Journal of Systems Management, Journal of Management Information Systems, The Real Estate Appraiser, Journal of Real Estate Research, Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, The Appraisal Journal, Real Estate Economics, Journal of Management Consulting, and the Journal of Future Markets. He has also coauthored the textbook Information Systems: Theory and Practice (2nd through 5th editions), and contributed a chapter in The Handbook of Management Advisory Services, Neural Networks in the Capital Markets, and the Handbook of Neural Computation.
Gary Grudnitski has served as a Reviewer and on the Editorial Board of the Journal of Microcomputer Systems Management, Advances in Taxation, Journal of End User Computing, Journal of Information Systems, Review of Accounting Information Systems, Journal of Management Information Systems, and the Encyclopedia of Information Systems. Grudnitski has also been active in consulting in the areas of information systems, controls, and real estate valuation.
Professor Grudnitski received his Ph.D. from the University of Massachusetts (Amherst).
- Ph.D., University of Massachusetts, Amherst
- Aubert, F., Grudnitski, G. (2014). The impact of SOX on opportunistic management behavior. International Review of Financial Analysis, Vol. 30 (January, 2014).
- Aubert, F., Grudnitski, G. (2014). The Role of Reconciliation Quality in Limiting Mispricing of Non-GAAP Earnings Announcements by EuroStoxx Firms. Advances in Accounting Incorporating Advances in International Accounting, Vol. 30 (1), 154-167.
- Grudnitski, G. (2013) Journal of End User Computing (Associate Editor).
- Grudnitski, G. (2013) Journal of Management Information Systems (Board of Editors).
- Grudnitski, G. (2012) Journal of End User Computing (Associate Editor).
- Aubert, F., Grudnitski, G. (2012). Analysts’ Estimates: What they could be telling us about the impact of IFRS on earnings management in Europe. Review of Accounting and Finance, Vol. 11 (1), 53-72.
- Krivogorsky, V., Grudnitski, G., Dick, W. (2011). Bank Debt and Performance of Continental European Firms. International Journal of Economics & Business Research, Vol. 3 (6), 593-608.
- Aubert, F., Grudnitski, G. (2011). The Impact and Importance of Mandatory Adoption of International Financial Reporting Standards in Europe. Journal of International Financial Management & Accounting, Vol. 22 (1), 1-26.
- Krivogorsky, V., Grudnitski, G. (2010). Country-Specific Institutional Effects on Ownership: Concentration and Performance of Continental European Firms. Journal of Management and Governance, Vol. 14 (1), 163-193.
- Grudnitski, G., Toole, H. (2007). Taking Stock at Quantum University. Accounting Perspectives, Vol. 6 (4), 1-10.
- Chair, CBA Budget Subcommittee
- Chair, CBA Faculty Development Committee
- Chair, LSA Peer Review Committee
- Member, CBA Graduate Fee Grant Program Committee
[The information on this page is provided by the user and is not to be construed as an official statement by San Diego State University. The user takes full responsibility for the information presented.]