MBA Students Consult for your Company
Our students can provide you with the professional research and analysis you need
to find actionable solutions for your most formidable business challenges.
Every year, around 100 students participate in the MBA Consulting project. Students are usually divided up by interest and in groups of 3-5. Students start their MBA Consulting projects in January, June and September of each year.
Common projects include preparing business or marketing plans, feasibility studies, marketing research, competitive analysis, financial modeling, acquisition and retention strategies, and risk analysis. We tailor our projects to meet your business objectives.
Benefits to You
Your company will be matched with a team of top-quality MBA business students in the final semester of their MBA Program, who bring a wealth of industry experience along with diverse skills to the project.
- The quality of professional consultants at a fraction of the cost.
- The opportunity to work with a team of 3-5 second-year MBA candidates with an average of 3-5 years of work experience who have completed the rigorous SDSU core curriculum.
- Approximately 500 hours of strategic work over a semester
- Access to SDSU's extensive resources, including its network of professionals and academicians, and its comprehensive business and industry database resources.
- Exposure to new knowledge, research methods, and tools from one of the best business schools in San Diego (Top 10 in California).
- A comprehensive written report and final presentation to senior managers.
- An opportunity to put potential future employees to the test.
- Extensive primary and secondary market research and analysis if required.
What You Get From Us
Your deliverable includes a report of data, methods, analysis, recommendations in written and digital form (typically ranging from 45-70 pages + appendix), and a final presentation based upon the report.
The Bottom Line: Tremendous Value, Outstanding Opportunities
Compare our fee of $6,000 to the fees of consulting firms. You get a solution to your business problem, a one-of-a-kind opportunity to evaluate our MBA talent, and you’ll have several outstanding referrals for potential hires at the end of the project.