Mentor An Aztec
Have a busy schedule and a desire to connect with an SDSU student?
Our students look to business professionals like you for insight and guidance on how to translate their academic experiences into meaningful careers. The Aztec Mentor Program (AMP) offers business students an opportunity to create and maintain relationships with prominent professionals in their chosen career fields through one-on-one interactions. The goal of the program is to give business students a glimpse into the world of work so they can refine their career interests and help establish a professional network.
The Aztec Mentor Program asks for your participation in the following manner:
- Spend a minimum of 8 hours (you and the student will decide upon dates and times) over the course of a semester.
- Give the student a tour of your organization.
- Allow the student to job shadow.
- Allow one-on-one interactions to share experiences and resources and answer career related questions.
- Share knowledge of the job market and advice regarding finding a job in your industry.
- Invite the student to join you at an office or staff meeting, an appointment with a client, or a professional association meeting.
The benefits to your organization, in addition to supporting our SDSU students in their career endeavors, is that this experience will allow you to observe a student to whom you may possibly want to extend a job or internship offer.
"Our Petco team enjoyed participating in the Mentor Program immensely, and we are
interested in participating again next semester. I think it's a good way for our group
to give back to the community, but it also fits within our hectic work schedules."
- Greg Seremetis, Vice President Marketing, Petco