Building on Excellence
We strive for excellence in a variety of ways:
- San Diego State University's College of Business Administration was an early adopter in committing to maintain the high quality standards set forth by AACSB International (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business). Since 1959 both the College of Business Administration and Charles W. Lamden School of Accountancy have maintained full accreditation through AACSB. These standards define quality and continuous improvement in collegiate business education.
- By admitting a diverse, highly motivated class. (Student Stats Report)
- By acting on Assurance of Learning evidence. (Assurance of Learning for MBA (pdf))
- By fostering partnerships with employers dedicated to complementing and enriching the high quality educational experience of our Graduate students. (Recent Hiring Companies) For the last academic year, according to available data, 91% of our graduates were seeking positions. Of those, 47% were employed at graduation and a total of 84% reported employment by 90 days post-graduation.
- We take pride in our status as the educational backbone of the San Diego business community. The College of Business at San Diego State University has a vast network of alumni throughout the region and beyond. We welcome alumni to stay connected to the SDSU College of Business community by joining our official LinkedIn group.
- We support our students by creating opportunities to apply their knowledge and skills in numerous national and international competitions.
- By utilizing the MBA Career Services and Employer Alliance (MBASCEA) standards (pdf) for collecting & reporting MBA employment statistics on graduating students.
- By submitting class employment statistics to various agencies for review and ranking. Rankings are not a perfect measure of success and are dependent on determining criteria (pdf). They do, however, provide an indication of quality that can be compared to other business schools.
- Browse our Rankings & Accolades