Stories and Articles

Lizette Campos Ballardo

Lizzette Campos Ballardo with her most influential faculty member, Paul Sager

Lizette Campos Ballardo was named 2018’s outstanding undergraduate in the Charles W. Lamden School of Accountancy and well as in the Fowler College of Business.

A native of Tijuana, Mexico, Ballardo, is slated start to work as a business technology analyst at Deloitte in the fall of 2018. She first came to Deloitte’s attention when she was a member of an SDSU student team that participated in the Deloitte SAP Co-Innovation Case Competition during the summer of 2017.

The team from SDSU was among the competition’s top finalists and the judges were so impressed with the four team members that each received a job offer in the weeks following the competition. 

While she was an outstanding accounting student, accounting was actually Ballardo’s second major. She earned a degree in speech, language and hearing sciences from SDSU as well. “My lifelong dream is to establish a speech therapy center. I chose accounting as my second major because I thought it would be fun and I wanted to learn how wanted to learn how to better manage my own business,” she said. “Accounting is something we use every day whether we think about it or not. All of us try to budget our money and there’s no avoiding paying taxes.”