Stories and Articles
College of Business Graduation 2014
With one of the biggest graduating classes ever, SDSU's College of Business Administration held its annual commencement ceremony at Viejas Arena on May 17, 2014. Of the 1492 eligible business graduates, 1117 graduate and undergraduate students attended the ceremony and walked across the podium.
This year marks the first time the college has invited the top graduate students from each department to sit on the podium with their most influential faculty member alongside the top undergraduate students with their chosen faculty member.
The top students and most influential faculty members for 2014 were:
- Accounting: Hamed Hajiha and Dr. David DeBoskey
- Finance: Bryan Dalby and Dr. Mehdi Salehizadeh
- Management Information Systems: David Fischer and Dr. Theo Addo
- Management: Marie-Emmanuelle Leger and Dr. Michelle Dean
- Marketing: Megan Gross and Richard Brooks
Hamed Hajiha was named 2014's outstanding undergraduate student in the college.
- MS Accounting: John Hayes and Dr. Damon Fleming
- MBA Finance: Srdan Samardzic and Frank Ryan
- MBA Information Systems: Joseph Henney and Dr. Robert Plice
- MBA Management: David Duwe and Dr. Jaemin Kim
- MBA Marketing: Benjamin Eisenstein and Dr. Claudiu Dimofte
- Outstanding MBA in the College: Christopher Esposito and Dr. Bruce Reinig
All of these students as well as many other outstanding and award-winning students were honored the previous evening at the San Diego Marriott with a reception and recognition ceremony. Students, their families and friends, along with many members of SDSU's College of Business faculty and staff were on hand to support the college's top graduating students.