Nikhil Varaiya Ph.D. (University of Washington) is a professor in the finance department who joined SDSU in 1988. Prior positions include chair of the finance department and director of graduate programs. He teaches courses in competitive analysis, financial management, and financing emerging enterprises. He is a recipient of, a 2005-06 Alumni Association Award for Outstanding Faculty Contributions to the University, and Outstanding Faculty Awards from the finance department and the Executive MBA Program. His research has appeared in Journal of Finance, Management Science, Strategic Management Journal, Financial Analysts Journal, Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice among others and is the recipient of outstanding paper awards from Financial Management Association and Journal of Retailing. He is director of professional development for the San Diego Chapter of Financial Executives International and a charter member of TiE Southcoast, an organization facilitating entrepreneurship.
- Ph.D., University of Washington, Finance.
- Varaiya, N. P. (2017). Michel Kripalani and Oceanhouse Media: Journey of a Serial Entrepreneur. Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, 41(4), 641 - 659.
- Varaiya, N. (2008). IPO Pricing, Block Sales, and Long-Term Performance. Financial Review.
- Varaiya, N. (2008). Disclosure on Corporate Share Buyback Trading and Insiders. Review of Accounting and Finance, Vol. 7 (1).
- Kim, J., Varaiya, N. (2008). Insiders’ Timing Ability and Disclosure on Corporate Share Buyback Trading. Review of Accounting and Finance, Vol. 7, 69-82.
- Varaiya, N., Walker, T. (2007). Bookbuilding versus Auction Selling Methods: A study of U.S. IPOs. Venture Capital: An International Journal of Entrepreneurial Finance.
[The information on this page is provided by the user and is not to be construed as an official statement by San Diego State University. The user takes full responsibility for the information presented.]