Dr. Moon H. Song is Professor of Finance in the College of Business at The San Diego State University. He received his B.S. from Seoul National University and his MS and doctorate from the Ohio State University.Read More…
Published in the leading academic journals of his field, Professor Song is internationally known for both his research and for his ability to communicate financial concepts in an exciting, effective fashion. He has published research articles in the top refereed journals in his field including The Journal of Financial Economics, The Journal of Finance, The Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, and The Journal of Corporate Finance. He also serves as a referee for The Financial Management, The Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Financial Review, and International Review of Economics and Finance. His major area of research is corporate acquisitions, although he has also published on insider trading, corporate governance, and agency theory. He also was selected as the Most Influential Professor by the Outstanding Undergraduate Finance student 1998. Prior to his academic career, Dr. Song worked as a researcher for Korea Institute for Defense Analysis.
- Ph.D., Ohio State University.
- Song, M., Jo, H., Tsang, A. (2015) Corporate Social Responsibility and Stakeholder Governance around World. Financial Management Association, Seoul Korea (presenter (accepted for presentation))
- Song, M., Jo, H., Tsang, A. (2015). Corporate Social Responsibility and Stakeholder Governance around World. Global Finance Journal.
- Song, M., Jo, H. (2013) International Corporate Social Responsibility and Stakeholder Governance. 2013 Global Finance Association, Monterey, CA (presenter)
- Song, M., Jo, H. (2013) International Corporate Social Responsibility and Stakeholder Governance. European Business Ethics Network, Lille, France
- Song, M., Cai, J., Walkling, R. (2011). Anticipation, Acquisitions and Bidder Returns: Industry Shocks and the Transfer of Information across Rivals. Review of Financial Studies.
- Song, M. (2010) Joint Conference with Allied Korea Finance Associa (Session Chair).
- Song, M., Park, Y., Selvili, Z. (2008). Large Outside Shareholders as Monitors: Evidence from Partial Acquisition. International Review of Economics and Finance.
- Song, M. (2007) The Korea-America Finance Association (KAFA) (President).
[The information on this page is provided by the user and is not to be construed as an official statement by San Diego State University. The user takes full responsibility for the information presented.]