James R. (Jim) Lackritz is Emeritus Associate Dean for Academic Affairs in the College of Business Administration and Emeritus Professor of Management Information Systems at San Diego State University. He served as Associate Dean for Academic Affairs in the College of Business Administration from 2005-2010, served as the Associate Dean of the Graduate Division from 2003-2004, and was Chair of the Management Information Systems Department from 1985-1992. Dr. Lackritz joined the SDSU faculty in 1977 after receiving M.Stat. and Ph.D. degrees from the University of Florida. He is a statistician who has published over 40 papers in nationally and internationally recognized journals including Journal of Applied Psychology, The American Statistician, Communications in Statistics, Journal of Applied Social Psychology, and Personnel Psychology. Jim has done extensive consulting in statistical process control and expert witness work in class action lawsuits.
- Ph.D., University of Florida, Statistics.
- B.S., Bucknell University, Mathematics.
- Lackritz, J. R. (2017). Probability Models for Streak Shooting. Handbook of Statistical Methods and Analyses in Sports (pp. 199-214).
- Reinig, B., Horowitz, I., Lackritz, J. (2013). Over-valued and Under-dogged: An Assessment of the Seeding of Mid-Major Teams in the NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament. Journal of Gambling Business and Economics, Vol. 7 (1), 1-15.
- Horowitz, I., Lackritz, J. (2012). Jotlin Joe and Charlie Hustle: The Immediate Economic Impact of an Extended Hitting Streak. The American Economist, Vol. 57 (1), 42-49.
- Lackritz, J. (2011). A New Analysis of the Golf Handicap System: Does the Better Player Have an Advantage?. Chance, Vol. 24 (2), 24-34.
- Ghorpade, J., Lackritz, J., Singh, G. (2011). Personality as a moderator of the relationship between role conflict, role ambiguity, and burnout. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, Vol. 41 (6), 1275-1298.
- Ghorpade, J., Lackritz, J., Moore, R. (2010). Intrinsic religious orientation: The conservative Christian connection. International Journal for the Psychology of Religion, Vol. 20 (3), 201-218.
- Ghorpade, J., Lackritz, J., Singh, G. (2008). Intrinsic religious orientation: Ethnic differences within a lay sample. International Journal of Sustainable Society, Vol. 1 (1), 103-116.
- Ghorpade, J., Lackritz, J., Singh, G. (2007). Burnout and Personality: Evidence from Academia. Journal of Career Assessment, Vol. 15 (2), 240-256.
- Hattrup, K., Ghorpade, J., Lackritz, J. (2007). Work group collectivism and the centrality of work: A multinational investigation. Journal of Cross Cultural Research, Vol. 41 (3), 236-260.
- Ghorpade, J., Lackritz, J., Singh, G. (2006). Correlates of the Protestant Ethic of Hard Work: Evidence from a Diverse Ethno-Religious Sample. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, Vol. 36 (10), 2449-2473.
- Ghorpade, J., Lackritz, J., Singh, G. (2006). Views of Employee Participation, Higher Order Needs, Altruism, Pride in Craftsmanship, and Collectivism: Implications for Organizational Practice and Public Policy. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, Vol. 36 (10), 2474-2491.
- Ghorpade, J., Lackritz, J., Singh, G. (2006). Intrinsic Religious Orientation among Minorities in the United States: A Research Note. International Journal for the Psychology of Religion, Vol. 16 (1), 51-62.
[The information on this page is provided by the user and is not to be construed as an official statement by San Diego State University. The user takes full responsibility for the information presented.]