Jaemin Kim, a professor of finance and entrepreneurship, has taught courses in international finance, entrepreneurship, and fundamentals of finance in both undergraduate and graduate levels since he joined SDSU in 2003. He also taught investment and business economics at the University of Oregon and University of Washington (Seattle). In 2014, he was selected as the ‘Most Influential Faculty’ by the SDSU Associated Business Student Council.Read More…
His primary research is in the areas of project finance, corporate finance (share repurchase, dividend, capital structure), international finance, and entrepreneurship. His research has been published in journals including Corporate Finance Review, Family Business Review, the Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Journal of Economics and Finance, and Pacific Basin Finance Journal. Dr. Kim received the 7th Shinhan Bank Best Paper Award for his published work in the Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis in 2013.
Professor Kim serves on the editorial board of the Review of Accounting and Finance. He is also active in enhancing the profile of the Fowler College of Business through phone and TV interviews and article publications in newspapers. Dr. Kim received Ph.D. in Finance at the University of Washington. Before joining SDSU, he visited the University of Oregon for two years. Prior to the academic career, he was affiliated with Daewoo Group, the fourth largest industrial conglomerate in South Korea at the time, where he worked as an assistant to Group Chairman Kim Woo Choong.
- Ph.D., University of Washington.
- Kim, J., Schenkel, M., Yoo, S. (2016). Not All Created Equal: Examining the Impact of Birth Order and Role Identity Among Descendant CEO Sons on Family Firm Performance. Family Business Review, 29(4), 380-400.
- Kim, J., Yoo, S. S., Byoun, S. (2013). Risk Management with Leverage: Evidence from Project Finance. Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, 48(2), 549-577.
- Kim, J., Kim, J., Yoo, S. S. (2016). Regulatory Overkill? – Short-Sales Ban in Korea. International Journal of Managerial Finance, 12(5), 673-699.
- Kim, J., Kang, H. C. (2016). Why do family firms switch between family CEOs and non-family professional CEO?: evidence from Korean Chaebols. Review of Accounting and Finance, 15, 45-64.
- Kim, J. (2014). On the issue of currency internalization – South Korean won. International Journal of Economics and Business Research, 9(2), p.233-244.
- Kim, J., Schenkel, M., Yoo, S. S. (2014). Examining the Impact of Inherited Succession Identity on Family Firm Performance. Journal of Small Business Management, 52, 246-265.
- Kim, J., Yoo, S. S. (2014). On the current debate regarding the financial transaction tax. Corporate Finance Review, 18, 5-15.
- Kim, J., Yoo, S. S., Landi, J. (2009). Inter-temporal examination of the trading activities of foreign investors in the Korean stock market. Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, 17, 243-256.
- Kim, J., Binh, K. B., Yoo, S. S. (2009). Is Korea an emerging market?: A study on the classifications of Korea by major equity index providers. Corporate Finance Review, 14.29-38.
- Kim, J., Yoo, S. S. (2009). Market liberalization and foreign equity portfolio selection in Korea. Journal of Multinational Financial Management, 19, 206-220.
- Kim, J., Varaiya, N. (2008). Insiders' Timing Ability and Disclosure on Corporate Share Buyback Trading. Review of Accounting and Finance, 7, 69-82.
- Kim, J., Pukthuanthong, K., Walker, T. (2008). Leverage and IPO Under-pricing: High-tech versus Low-tech IPOs. Management Decision, 46, 106-130.
- Kim, J. (2007). Buyback trading of open market share repurchase firms and the volatility decline. International Journal of Managerial Finance, 3, 316-337.
- Kim, J., Pukthuanthong, K. (2006). IPO Firm Executives, Compensation, and Selling. Journal of Entrepreneurial Finance and Business Ventures, 11, 3-21.
- Kim, J. (2005). Cross-sectional differences in the liquidity effects of open market share repurchases. Journal of Economics and Finance, 29(1), 1-31.
- Kim, J., Schremper, R., Varaiya, N. (2005). Open market repurchase regulations: Open market repurchase regulations: A cross-country examination. Corporate Finance Review, 9, 29-38.
[The information on this page is provided by the user and is not to be construed as an official statement by San Diego State University. The user takes full responsibility for the information presented.]